We support the migration of your data from the Property Buddy app to our platform.
Landlord Studio contains many of the same features of Property Buddy and extends it further 🚀
New features include:
- Cloud storage, Property Buddy stores all data on your device only.
- Banking integration (US, UK, Canada)
- Free tenant screening reports from TransUnion (US only)
- Desktop website and native iOS / Android apps
- Smart scan receipts, take a photo of your receipt and we will populate the amounts.
- Renters insurance via Lemonade (US only)
- Multiple User support
- ACH payments (coming soon!)
- Push notifications (coming soon!)
- and much more...
How to migrate?
- Open Property Buddy
- Tap on Migrate at the bottom left
- Enter your email and password that you would like to use. Note that the migration can only occur one-time into an empty account. If you have previously created a Landlord Studio account, you can contact us to delete it. This will remove all data from Landlord Studio and cannot be undone.
A quick check of your data will happen, and the migration will proceed. Please keep an eye on what the final screen says as it will let you know if the migration fully succeeded.
If you do not see the below screen, then please contact email@example.com
Common warning messages
During the check of your data, we may detect some errors which will prevent the migration. You should use the information to try to correct your data or go to settings -help - send diagnostics to firstname.lastname@example.org for further help.
Some documents are not on this device, please contact support
Explanation: If you have used multiple devices, it's possible that a document has not been uploaded to the cloud and is therefore on the other device.
Fix: Follow steps at the bottom of this page to send us your documents and we can perform the migration for you.
Logged payment period is before the commencement date
Explanation: A payment has been recorded that has a payment period that is before the lease commencement date. This would only occur if the lease start date has been modified.
Fix: Check the lease start date of the property and then go to payment history and remove any incorrectly logged payments that are before the start date of the lease. If you have multiple leases, tap on the lease to select it before checking payment history.
Logged payment period is after the commencement date
Explanation: A payment has been recorded that has a payment period that is after the lease end date. This would only occur if the lease end date has been modified.
Fix: Check the lease end date of the property and then go to payment history and remove any incorrectly logged payments that are after the end date of the lease. If you have multiple leases, tap on the lease to select it before checking payment history.
Same day rent schedule change
Explanation: There cannot be two rent schedules for the same day.
Fix: Click on the Schedule Rent Changes button for the property and remove any duplicate schedules with the same date or adjust the date.
Sending us your documents
Some users may require a manual migration, to do so, please share your Dropbox folder if you have any documents and then extract your documents from your device.
1. Plug your device into your computer and open iTunes.
2. Select your device.
3. Click File Sharing.
4. Click on Property Buddy.
5. Drag the folder named 'Documents Folder' to your desktop and zip it up.
6. Drag the file named 'PropertyManager.sqlite' to your desktop and zip it up.
7. Repeat the above steps for every device you use.
8. Email us the files. As your files may be large, we recommend sending it to us via https://wetransfer.com/. Enter email@example.com and a short message so we know who you are and that you want a migration. Attach the zipped files and hit Transfer.